Thank you for visiting this blog. It is offered by members of the Catholic community in Bedford and Kempston to provide local news and information. Everyone is very welcome to join us at anything they see advertised on this site.
As Catholics, we believe in One God – the Father, Son and Holy Spirit – who loves us and forgives us. Pope Francis, the worldwide shepherd of the Catholic community, summed up the essence of our faith very well in these words: “Jesus Christ loves you; he gave his life to save you; and now he is living at your side every day to enlighten, strengthen and free you.” (Evangelii Gaudium 164)
If you’d like to find out more please do contact one of our local churches. The priest and community there would be delighted to hear from you.
You will also find in Bedford, two more Catholic churches that serve:
St Francesca Cabrini – for those of Italian descent
Sacred Heart of Jesus and St. Katberta – for those of Polish descent
We look forward to welcoming you.
Check out too our Facebook page at fb.me/catholicbedford We plan to broadcast occasional live events using this application.
You can send messages to our page at m.me/catholicbedford.
A committed team, called PROCLAIM, manages the updating of this website and facilitates local outreach events in service of the Catholic Community in Bedford. The Proclaim team is an instrument of the Bedford Pastoral Area Council, which has overall oversight of local initiatives in service of our local Catholic family in this area.
- Alex Dillon
- Sr Dympna Connolly (Coordinator of prayer initiatives and Vice-Chair of the Pastoral Area Council)
- Liz Duggan (Chair of the Pastoral Area Council)
- Mary Frost (Treasurer of the Pastoral Area Council)
- Peter Gerrish (Coordinator of cultural liaison and initiatives)
- Fr Patrick Hutton (Parish Priest, Christ the King Church)
- Canon Seamus Keenan (Dean of the Pastoral Area)
- Mary Makin (Coordinator of schools’ liaison and initiatives)
- Michael Manley
- John Murphy
- Oksana Pudylyk
- Clare Ward (Chair of the Proclaim Group)
- Mary Ward (Lay Chaplain, St John Rigby School)
- Margaret Wells (Co-coordinator of outreach to non-churchgoing Catholics’ initiatives)
- Samantha White (Member of the Pastoral Area Council)